Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My own little spot on the DAMU

Nothing excites my vanity like the thought that every once in a blue moon one of those cybernauts with an interest in Mormonism--positive or negative--drops by my little corner of cyberspace. I have only recently become aware that this blog is linked at a couple of other websites on the DAMU.

I also discovered that I am not the only peep stone owner out there. Little did I know that the prophecy of everyone having their own seerstone would be fulfilled right before my eyes! Just one more on a long list of confirmations that the Gospel is true.

One of my fellow "peepers" (I just couldn't resist) is named Simeon. Poor Simeon recently suffered a trauma in his DAMU life when his dear wife ratted him out for his wicked blogging. My sympathies to Simeon. I too have gazed into the stone and seen the darkness that lies within. I too have written down my revelations for posterity. I am just grateful my spouse never took it up with local Church leaders.

Sadly, Simeon is not alone. There are many LDS spouses out there whose love of God extends so far as to sacrifice marital trust. These spouses believe, as does the Church that trained them, that one must simply act out of a regard for the eternal welfare of another's soul, even if that means screwing them over royally in the short term. It's kind of like those good old days, when Joseph or Brigham called a man on a mission and then promptly took his wife and property--or doled them out to other worthy brethren. They know what's best for you. Really.

When people can be convinced that all of this is somehow part of the divine will, they can be convinced of nearly anything. And that is how we end up with people who sell out their spouses to the LDS Church.